Top 5 Reasons to Downsize Your Sharon MA Home
Are you thinking of selling your home in Sharon MA and buying a smaller home? There are many reasons people downsize their homes. Here are the top 5 reasons to downsize:
1. You're real estate tax bill will decrease! Sharon real estate taxes are the highest in Massachusetts. For Fiscal year 2013 the tax rate is $20.45 per thousand dollars of assessed value. That means if your home is assessed for $375,000 your taxes are $7,668.75.
2. You'll pay less for your heating and electricity bills. If your home has become too large for you, you probably are not using all of the rooms. Are there bedrooms or a formal living room that you rarely use? Unless you have rooms or areas of your home on different heating zones, you are probably paying to heat the rooms you're not using.
3. Less cleaning to do! Even if you don't have a lot of activity in some of the rooms of your home, you'll still need to vacuum and dust to keep them clean.
4. A homier feeling comes from having a house that isn't too large for you. If you have unused rooms in your home that you rarely go into, your home may start to feel less cozy. Some people describe it as "rattling around" in a too big house.
5. More leisure time. There's always something that needs your attention or needs fixing in a house. Downsizing to a smaller home may mean more leisure time. Wouldn't that be nice!
Downsizing is an opportunity to declutter and get rid of things that you've had stored in your basement, attic or garage for years...maybe decades...and don't need any longer. It's a chance to throw out the accumulation of papers, old clothes, stacks of magazines, small appliances you no longer use, and anything else that you don't see yourself keeping. It's a good feeling to move into a new home with less clutter and fewer items to store.
If you are thinking of selling your home in Sharon MA and downsizing to a smaller home, I'll be happy to prepare a free market analysis so that you know the market value of your home in today's market. With proper marketing and pricing I can get your home sold and you can be in a smaller, more comfortable home!
Please fill out this form with your contact information and I will call you to discuss your market analysis.
Post © 2013 Nina Rogoff, Your Sharon MA Hometown Realtor, RE/MAX (RE/MAX Executive Realty). Design © 2013 Market Leader, Inc. All rights reserved, Inc. All rights reserved.
Logos and service marks owned by copyright holder.